With office Christmas parties, carol concerts, end of year catch-ups, winter markets, ice-skating and an endless stream of mince pies and mulled wine, the festive season can be exhausting! Still ‘tis the season be merry and feast’! If you’re planning on throwing a Christmas party at HOME, make it stress-free and full of fun with HOMETAINMENT’s top tips.
Deck the Halls
There’s nothing quite like decorating your HOME for Christmas. The annual tradition of digging out the boxes of Christmas decorations whilst your favourite festive album is playing. Buying new additions to add to your Christmas tree and switching on the lights when everything is finally in place.
Feel like trying something new for your Christmas decorations this year? How about:
- Woodland inspired: Think lots of greenery – ivy wrapped around banisters, sprigs of holly on the mantelpiece and mistletoe dotted throughout your HOME. Choose a full wreath dotted with berries to adorn your door. As for the colour scheme, try deep greens and rich golds.
- Minimalistic: Don’t like a busy Christmas tree? Ditch the ornaments and use only small white fairy lights or a simple tree topper. Or try a tree made from driftwood instead. Swap tinsel for simple garlands and a full wreath for a half wreath.
- Kitsch: Think retro skiing and characters, bright paper chains and Christmas decorations like this orange spritz.
- Why not turn decorating into an evening with your friends with HOMETAINMENT’s Dried Floral Christmas Wreath masterclass. Just add mulled wine!
Want sustainable Christmas decorations, check out our guide to eco-friendly Christmas decorations.
Plan the Feast
When it comes to a Christmas party, or indeed any party, more is always better when it comes to the food. You don’t want everyone to be hungrily eyeing the last canapé. If shopping, prepping and cooking isn’t your idea of Christmas fun or you don’t have anytime in between all your other festive soirees, then let our professional HOMEtainer private chefs organise the feast for you!
- Canapés Please: Forget the usual offerings, private chef Ryan has create an extensive menu of delicious canapés that includes the likes of truffle with Baron Bigod cheese and brown butter brioche toast; black cod with BBQ miso and pink ginger dim sum and salted caramel fudge with yuzu and black cardamom.
- Pre-Christmas Party Lunch or Dinner with Canapés: Available as a buffet or served as sharing dishes, this decadent feast from private chef Mickael starts with canapés before starters such as beef tartare on homemade potato crisp and white crab meat coronation croustade. The feast continues with the likes of roast whole bronze turkey with pork and chestnut stuffing with all the trimmings and a classic plum pudding with brandy butter.
- Christmas Cocktails and Italian Food: Professional mixologist and bartender Nicolas has teamed up with exceptional chefs and to bring a luxurious fine dining and drinking experience to your HOME this festive season. The dinner includes five courses each paired with a different cocktail!
And the best part? Our HOMEtainer chefs will leave your kitchen exactly as they found it so you don’t need to worry about tidying up!
Want to learn more about hiring a private chef from HOMETAINMENT for your next party? Find everything you need to know here.
When it comes to the drinks, our talented mixologists can make sure the cocktails are flowing. So you can chat with your guests and enjoy your party rather than making sure everyone has a drink in hand. Alongside classic cocktails our mixologists can create bespoke drinks too. Need some inspiration? Here are three festive cocktails to serve at your Christmas party:
- Berry Christmas Darling: This gin cocktail makes the most of one of the most Christmassy of flavours, cranberries.
- Gingerbread Martini: Take the classic martini and give it a festive twist with the nutty, spicy flavours of gingerbread.
- Plum Pudding Punch: Turn the traditional Christmas pudding into a cocktail with vanilla infused cognac, damson and sweet cherry.
- We’re not denying that we love the Christmas classics, but when it comes to throwing the best Christmas party we think you can’t beat live music – which is why we have 34 incredible live music and DJ experiences to choose from. Meaning you can hire a live band or musician to play at your HOME.
- Top London Jazz Band: Entertain your guests with jazz from the golden age of music!
- Big Sound Party Band 7 Piece: You can guarantee that everyone will be dancing, especially if you build your own playlist and choose everyone’s favourites.
- Tailormade Performance: The ultimate bespoke music performance! Just let the amazing artists know what sort of music you like and they will create the performance for you!
Whether it’s a cocktail party with everyone dancing or an intimate dinner party for your closest friends, when it comes to throwing the best Christmas party at HOME, let HOMETAINMENT take out the stress so that you can have an incredible party.